Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Momma Bird is nesting

Tick tock, Tick tock…the time is drawing near for Baby Walti’s arrival!

35 weeks

I was a “nesting” machine this weekend…newborn clothes/blankets (neutral) are washed/put away, bottles & pump supplies are disinfected, Jack’s closet/dresser are organized with room made for baby, bathtub is out, bouncy seat is out, baby book is started…I even packed my hospital bag “just in case,” although I don’t think I used a thing out of it the first time except for my camera!  So…I am feeling much better about springing into labor, at least from the home perspective.  Now getting my emotions in check about Jack not being the only one and thinking about the transition he is about to face…that is a completely separate process I need to undertake!  Tear, Tear…  **A special thanks to Katie for taking J on Saturday so that I could get all of this done!!!

jackbabybathJPG Practicing his big brother skills – very interested

Overall, I feel pretty good considering I am 35 weeks along, have 22 lbs of belly sitting on my pelvis, and am regularly heaving and playing with my 32 lb. son.  Experiencing some heartburn, pelvic/groin pain, and extreme lower back pain that I don’t remember having with Jack.  I had a WONDERFUL prenatal massage on Sunday which helped my back – so great that I seriously considered proposing to the woman that rubbed me down.  :-)

Baby size update – Babycenter.com tells me that the baby is about 18” long and over 5lbs…about the size of a Honeydew.  It feels like it is 3 ft long by it’s kicks to the ribs and punches to the groin!  I will miss this feeling (most of the time) however.

35-honeydew-melon

Other than nesting, we had a great weekend!  Friday night I went out with former colleagues for fondue (yummy) and Saturday night Scott and I went out with friends for another tasty dinner!  **Special HI to Dustin for reading this post – i promised I would give you a shout-out!  :-)  Scott worked most of the day on Sunday (fun winter life of a CPA), so Jack and I made ourselves busy baking brownies, painting, and just putzing around.  He is just so much fun right now, I can’t stand it!

jackcooks Making brownies for Daddy

picasso Picasso hard at work

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the slimming black spider outfit for your 35 week pic - you are all baby belly and your legs look super spidey :) Can't wait for BW2's arrival and for Jack to be a big bro - from the looks of it and how he is around Baby Caroline & Baby Julia, he's gonna be a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look just great...I took the 30 week shot I ordered into work today.,everyone thinks you should model as a family, they went wild over the 2 yr. pics. The way you are carrying it is no wonder you are feeling such pressure. Picasso in the making for sure, sure do miss you all..don't nest too much and wear yourself out Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs