Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Swing of Things

One week old and I gave Mom a smile!!!

This past week was all about establishing SOME type of routine in our house and I think it went pretty well! I do have to admit that I am VERY SPOILED by still having our nanny helping us with Jack so that I can focus on Emma during the day. I think it is important for him to stay in his element with Katie and have fun things to do, field trips, etc. since I can't really take her "out and about" yet.
We have had quite a few visitors and Em got have playdates this week with both besties, Julia and Caroline (and Mommy got to hang out with Ellen and Jane)! Caroline is VERY CURIOUS about her and it was so cute to watch her checking E out - there is trouble to come with these girls in the future, I can see it now! I bought a Moby sling for Emma and it is AWESOME - Jane taught me how to use it this week and I think it will be indispensable with 2 kids for having 2 available hands and the peanut can cozy up next to me and snooze. Highly recommend.

Meeting Miss Caroline Tomlinson


Jack has been doing really well with her - he pretty much just goes about his business and occasionally asks to hold her, see her, ask "Where is Frog" (he calls her Froggy, so cute) and when he goes to sleep he actually asks that she go in his room. We have really tried to make him feel special with "jobs" like finding her paci, helping get her diapers, being a good listener, etc. I had both kiddos by myself all day yesterday and we got along great! There were "moments," and I still didn't get my coffee until noon, but we got by and it made me feel proud that I did it!

J playing so well entertaining himself - So Proud of my boy!


Emmy had a 1 week appointment on Wednesday and is already back over her birth weight at 8lb 2oz! The doctor said that usually doesn't happen until 2 weeks, so that is great news as well as her jaundice being gone. She is a great sleeper (so far, fingers crossed), sleeping 2 hour stretches during the day, and 3-3.5 hours at night! Emma is eating wonderfully and I feel awesome, too!

So, we can't complain about Emma's first week at home - loving our new little family and getting used to a new schedule, trying to stay organized (KEY!), and soaking in all the LOVE!

2 comments:

  1. My Cami had those bug pjs when she was first born. Sounds like you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, those pictures of Caroline Grace & Emma Grace are too cute... you are right, all these girls are gonna be big trouble in about 13 years :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs