Monday, July 2, 2012

sophia mae–1 month (3 weeks later…)

obviously with a new little one around, things have been a bit crazy around here and I am behind on so many things!  the 90+ degree heat does not help, as I have been sequestered inside with 3 little ones who LOVE the outdoors and our local parks, as I do not want to subject sophie to too much of this grueling heat, and having her in the ergo right next to my body sounds downright cruel.

so...our little gal is 7 weeks old now, but here is her rundown for 1 month!

IMG_4876

At that point, she could barely stay awake more than 20 minutes (she seriously slept for a month straight, I swear!), so all I could get were sleepy pics!

IMG_4878

Such a sweet little bug.

here are her one month stats:

      Birth:  7lb 4oz, 19 3/4” long  --  1 month:  10lb 2oz, 22 3/4” long

Whoa baby ----  who loves to eat?!  Yes, she is a terrific eater – only takes 1 breast at a time, which is just fine with this momma as it cut down on both the time and the initial pain!  she has only taken 1-2 bottles thus far (I hate pumping) and is taking 4-5 oz at a time at this point.  I forgot how much I love nursing a baby…such an amazing feeling and one that I feel so lucky to be able to do every day – and with #3, I have no problem “whipping it out” anywhere, anytime…  Smile

Sophia is a great little bundle.  sleeps great – mainly in our arms, on our chests (her favorite), or in the bouncy seat during the day.  at night, she sleeps next to me in the Rock ‘n Play Sleeper (AKA best invention ever – thanks, Jane!) and gets up every 3-4 hours to eat.  Not bad!  She went through a spell around 3/4 weeks where she was GRUNTING like a maniac from 2-5am…I thought it was reflux, but it went away after about 5 days, so it must have been a phase. 

When she is awake, she loves to look at Mommy and Daddy and is starting to like her pacifier (as did both Jack and Emma).  Tummy-time daily and she seems to like it with no struggles…

big surprise – she is another blond-haired, blue-eyed gal.  seems to be also inheriting big bro jack’s famous eyelashes from heaven, so we will see!

overall, a wonderful first month with our newest blessing.  big bro and big sis are doing great – loving on her and wanting to hold her any chance that they get and are overall adjusting very well.  jack told the doctor at her 1 month checkup that he loved having 2 sisters – so sweet.

we tend to refer to her at soph, sophs, sophers, or just sophia…but sometimes sophie just comes out and is phonetically easier to say quickly, so that is okay, too!

2 month update in a couple of weeks – bear with me!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new blog, So cute!!!
    Kitten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the new blog is so cute! And so is Sophia :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs