
Next Friday, after almost 10 years super-fun, super-convenient city living, the Walti crew is moving to the suburbs!!!!
With the addition of Sophia in May, things have been tight. A 1500 sf 2bed/2bath condo with no yard just isn't meant for a family of 5 with 3 kids! I LOVED (and still do - for 2-3ppl) our area and our condo, and am glad we are keeping it to rent out (we lucked out again with finding a great couple) maybe Scott and I will retire here! Our neighborhood is awesome, it is close to everything, and we will miss that convenience. We have lived on the same block for 10 years (3 places) and it will be very strange not to go down these very familiar beautiful streets.
These past 3 months of house-hunting has been probably the most stressful time that Scott and I have encountered - we are renting a house for a couple of years until we decide where we want our "forever home" to be, and the Chicago suburban market is low inventory and moves FAST!!! It was frustrating, but I think we ended up in a great place.
We are moving to a very cute community 35 min west of the city - Glen Ellyn. A cute Craftsman bungalow with a great yard (by Chicago standards), not huge but big enough, lots of character, a PLAYROOM!, and a very charming uptown. Jack and I visited what will be his Pre-K school today and I couldn't be more excited - it is adorable and gave me such a warm feeling. Jack is pumped; October 1st cannot come fast enough!
So just for fun, here are the Top 5 things I will miss about the city and the Top 5 things I am looking forward to in the burbs...
Top 5 Things I Will Miss in The City:
5. Great parks/playgrounds at your footsteps and in abundance.
4. Beautiful Lake Michigan and our wonderful skyline views.
3. Restaurants...never made it to Alinea, but will miss our faves - Twin Anchors, CBA, Uncle Julio's, Lou Malnatis pizza delivery, Pennys, Pockets...
2. Walking EVERYWHERE.
1. Culture and shopping at your fingertips - I feel very lucky that Jack and Emma have been able to experience museums, zoos, theatre, dining, festivals, etc. in the way that they have. And they love it.
Top 5 Things I look Forward to In the Burbs:
5. Awesome Park District programs and a better sense of "community." And a great YMCA with CHILDCARE!!!!!
4. Having a margarita at 6pm on my back deck with neighbors while the kids play in our fenced yard.
3. More easily accessible one-stop shopping - COSTCO and A MALL!
2. Community Pool!
1. STARBUCKS DRIVE THRUS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
So, the next 10 days are going to be hectic. Packing starts tomorrow, during naptime and after bedtimes...somehow we will get it all done.
So excited that this process is OVER!!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment