we are LOVING suburbia!
I think we have settled in pretty well to suburban life. I have to say that there isn’t much that i miss about the city other than the museums and availability for culture in that way. i love having a big garage, getting the kids in and out is about 100 time easier, everything is close-by, and having more SPACE, particularly OUTDOOR SPACE is HUGE! Jack even mentioned to me the other day “Mom, I like it here in Glen Ellyn, I don’t miss the city as much anymore…”
It’s funny – the kids are totally not used to having a yard or outdoor space, as they are constantly asking to go to the park. Uh, its called your BACKYARD! And an added bonus is that you can play and rake leaves in your jammies at 8am!
We had a great fall full of outdoor fun (it was warm until the beginning of December!), playing in the backyard, getting to know the neighbors, pumpkin farms, picnics, and learning how to take care of our space. It was fun to be able to mow the yard, pick up sticks, clean-up the garden (CANNOT wait for spring to plant!!!!!), and it gave the kids some great work to do.
{mowing with daddy}
{city commute boots turned suburb gardening boots}
{fall fun at the glen ellyn fire department}
Anyone is welcome at anytime to visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment