Jack is getting very used to be in the car and I think that Scott & I have pretty much figured out how to deal with little upsets...SNACKS! I have his travel-bag down pat and it includes: Snacks (pretzel rods take a long time to eat), no-spill bubbles (he just likes to pull the wand in and out), books that make music, Ipod (loves the lights), my cell phone, flashcards, and of course, his paci & blankie. Overall, I have to say that he is a fun little traveler and does a great job! My left arm is pretty sore, however, from passing things back every 3 minutes...
We were off to the Cleveland area this past weekend to visit with Scott's Aunt Jan and his four wonderful cousins, Meredith, Emily, Robert and Ben. It was SO MUCH FUN! The kids are 16 year old triplets and a 13 year old and we had a great time - we played with their dog, watched a movie, took a 10pm trip to their local "teenage hang-out" - Handel's Ice Cream, went for walks, and took a trip to their swim club. We just keep telling each other that we need to sit down with his Aunt to see what her philosophy is on raising children, because they are all just so AWESOME, caring people - We hope that Jack turns out that well! We also went to visit with Scott's cousin Bobby, his wife Melissa and their cutie 9 month old daughter Carrie Belle. Great to catch up and enjoy the nice weather.
this was AFTER dinner - he was eating out of my take-out container; Jack was a maniac!
Jack enjoyed all of the extra attention and especially the trip to swim - his first time in the kiddie pool and he went CRAZY. View the video below and you will soon see what I mean...

Aunt Jan finally got him to sleep after the pool...she was very determined!

Thanks so much for the fun weekend, Gleichert and Candage family!!!
**BTW: I swear that swim-shirt is 18 months - obviously he needs an upgrade. I will get right on that...
No comments:
Post a Comment