Thursday, October 28, 2010

“My name is Jack. I’m a Big Boy.”

This is what Jack has been telling people for the past few days when they ask him what his name is. 

The past 2 months have really been growing up months for our little guy – giving up his beloved paci, potty training (which he is 100% – it was way easier than we expected!), and now moving to his BIG BOY BED!

IMG_0451

Anyone who knows Jack knows that this kid LOVES his cozy crib, his “blankins” and really sleep in general.  He has always been a great sleeper, and until we potty trained, would regularly sleep until 8:30-9am! Now I think he is waking up when he pees in his diaper at 7am.  So, I was a bit hesitant to see how he would adjust and feel about giving up his crib to his baby sister and moving to his big boy bed. 

The toddler bed is adorable (and only $60!)– Scott thinks it is a midget bed.  But it fits him perfectly and fits in the kids room which he and Emmy will soon share (we are waiting a week or so until we move her in). Jack seems really excited to share his room with Emma – we will see how they adjust!  There may be some sleepless nights in our future!  He also has not gotten out by himself yet – still calls out for us to come get him in the morning with a screaming “Mommmmmmyyyyy, Daddddyyyyyy, I’m AWAKE!”

IMG_0449Mr Toolman putting it all together 

IMG_0454 “Mom, I’m just gonna relax in my big boy bed and read, okay?”

IMG_0456 He has only fallen out once and isn’t really waking up during the night!

The cutest thing was that after he laid in his new bed for the first time, he looked right up at Scott and I with a huge grin and said “Mommy, Daddy, Thank you for building my new bed, I REALLY like it.” 

It is little moments like that to make everything we are doing worth it and makes us proud that he knows what it means to be grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs