Friday, October 28, 2011

7 years of FUN




I have written before about how much I love where I went to college - Miami University - I could seriously go on and on about what a wonderful place it is and how much I discovered who I am there, met the friends of a lifetime, etc. BUT - the #1 reason why it holds so many wonderful memories for me and why I hold it SO near and dear to my heart is that I met my best friend, my partner on that first day of college in August of 1997.

The plaque above stands on a sculpture near the "hub" at Miami and every time I read that wonderful quote - "To think that in such a place, I led such a life" - it makes me immediately think of Scott and our memories at school.

This Sunday marks our 7th wedding anniversary and I could not be more proud of who chose me for their partner and of the life we have created. I don't think that I could have chosen someone who is a better match for me - he challenges me in ways that I didn't think I could be challenged (yes, this IS sometimes frustrating), is always honest with me (even when I don't want to hear it), and truly makes me a better person.


My husband is the best person that I know - always honest, always looking for a way to have fun, and so very genuine. It is pretty amazing to think that we have known each other for almost 1/2 of our lives now - 14 years! (of which I confessed my love to him 3 weeks after knowing him...just took us a year and a half to start dating)


I love our life, I love our family, and I love knowing that we have an amazing and FUN future ahead of us - Cheers to Us, Babe.



1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs