Thursday, November 10, 2011

my two kiddos

I’ve been meeting to write a post with some of the funny/anecdotal things that the kids are doing for some time now, so here it goes…

Emma

  • She has the sweetest little voice.  She is extremely polite, saying “THANK youuuuuu” in the cutest way.  The one that melts are hearts is when she wants to go somewhere and she looks back and says “You coming, Daddy?” “Hand?”  and wants us to come so badly with her.
  • She loves to ask for hugs and kisses with “lipsth”  (lips)
  • She is not crying when she wakes up in the night or morning now, but just says “Mommy, Daddy…Owie.”  Such a little con-artist, acting like she is hurt to get us to come in there at 3am.  (it works)
  • Always asks for “Milky” and a “Cereal Bar” RIGHT when she wakes up.  Or Raisins.
  • Calls Jack “Jacky” or “Buddy”
  • The girl LOVES to hide and her favorite spots are the hall closet (which she peed in this morning since she was naked) and right in front of the island behind the barstools.  Not really hiding, but she always takes baby and blanket with her.
  • When I tell her that I love her SO MUCH, she just says “Okay”
  • Sometimes when I ask her to do something, she says “Okay, Mommmyyyy...” in a very sarcastic tone.  Totally messing with me.
  • Her new favorite word is “Oh.”  When she asks you a question, like “I want Daddy” and I say “Daddy is on a trip,” she just says “Ohhhhh”  in a really funny way. Hilarious.
  • Her new favorite words are “Special Treat.”  Thank you, Halloween.
  • The girl is FAST – seriously a quick runner – I need to get it on videotape.
  • Addicted to Paci at the moment (knows them all by color and will request “blue paci” or “orange paci”), and her Blanket, Baby, and Lily Frog go with her all throughout the house.  She is also obsessed with her little pink shopping cart and pushing baby around in it.
  • Emma ALWAYS eats the dip/spread off of anything before eating the actual base – cream cheese off of bagels, peanut butter off of sandwiches, sour cream off of potatoes…and she LOVES Ketchup (“Kep-up”) and eats it with a spoon.  (counts as a veggie, right?)
  • We have have been catching her going into their room by herself, sitting on Jack’s bed, and reading books.  Adorable. 
  • She now has “Big Dog, Little Dog,” “Goodnight Moon,” “Goodnight Chicago,” “Wheels on the Bus,” and “Put me in the Zoo” memorized.
  • Loves yogurt (“rogurt”), but hates any mix-ins, and will spit them out
  • Every night after dinner, she says she is “all-done” and then climbs into Jack’s chair and finishes any scraps.  Better and cuter than a puppy!
  • The song that she wants to sing every night is “Good night Heather” – our family GoodBye song (Goodnight, Heather, Goodnight, Heather, Goodnight Heather, We’ll see you Soon, Hope you had a happy day, happy day…).  Then she goes through the list of family members and we have to sing for everyone.  But it ALWAYS starts with her beloved Aunt Heather.
  • Emma has a serious crush on our nanny Katie’s husband Pete.  But we call him Peke and she goes GAGA over him and brings out her flirty eyes.

Jack

  • Told me this morning that he has a girlfriend at school named Sadie, and when I told him he is not allowed to have a girlfriend other than Mommy or Katie, she started crying. 
  • Still only really likes 2 movies – Cars and Curious George (new obsession).  I am not complaining, however, as they are both the most innocent of movies.  He did NOT want to watch Cars 2 last weekend – said it was too scary.
  • His gestures and enunciations are hilarious.  We can’t figure out if he is getting the way he speaks from Katie or me…TBD.  I wish I could videotape it.
  • SO SENSITIVE – especially lately.  I think he is going through a little “starved for attention” phase with me.  Always wants to be next to me, on top of me, etc.  and gets upset when he has to share me with Emma. 
  • Told us “I am so glad I get to go to school.”  I by no means think this is the ultimate best school for him, but it is good socially and we will investigate more “academic” options next year.  But he is having fun and that is what matters.
  • New love – SCOOTERS.  Our upstairs neighbors have the perfect little scooter for his size and he is awesome riding it.  Hello, Santa.
  • Jack now loves to pass things down to his sister and gets really excited to give her things that he doesn’t need or wear anymore like his fleece, mittens, etc.
  • We taught him how to play Uno and his favorite thing is to get a Skip or Draw Four card and hit you with it.  He is doing a great job following the rules.
  • Uses “mouthwash” at night (fluoride rinse that his cousin Lily introduced him to) and thinks he is so cool when he gargles and spits.  (which Emma then tries to imitate)
  • Wipes all of our kisses off now, but sometimes he will say “Mom, you can kiss me and I won’t wipe it off.” 
  • Really likes the old Busytown/Richard Scarry books and shows and is kind of obsessed with his new “Huckle” mini-series DVD.  Oh, and he and I like to watch “Mythbusters” together – it is so fun to try to answer all of his questions as he processes how you can make a plane out of duct-tape.
  • Asking a lot of “God” questions lately.  “Is God bigger than an airplane,” “Does God live on a cloud,” “Is God Alive?”  Don’t quite know how to answer them all, but we are doing the best we can (and then referring to Grandma).
  • Cannot wait for snow to be on the ground so that he can go up to Grandma and Pop’s and shovel.  I have seriously never seen a boy who loves yard work so much.  (BIG BUMMER that he lives in an urban environment!)
  • Still wants to be naked 90% of the time.  Daily struggle to get the lad to put on pants!  And loves to be dressed by someone else (isn’t this men in general?), whereas his 18 month sister can get dressed by herself!
  • Has been out of Pull-ups for about 2 months now and is doing a great job, which just an occasional accident on long nights!
  • Crawls into bed with us about 2-3 mornings a week on my side, falls right back asleep and snuggles in with his head on my pillow.  {love.}

One more cute thing – when they get out of the bath, they both love it (and request) that I bundle them up, pick them both up, and sing the following song while carrying them into the living room:

“My Two Kiddos, My two kiddos, My two kiddos, I love them so much.  They make me so happpyyyy, happppyy, happppy.  They make me so happpyyyy, I love them so much.”

Yes, it is super cheesy, and it is getting harder and harder to carry 55 lbs of extra weight, but it makes them smile and laugh and that is what being a parent is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs