Thursday, January 12, 2012

Early Retirement…

Very excited to be writing this post and all the fun (and challenges) it brings – I am “retiring” in the next couple of weeks!  Looking forward to having my coffee with the kids at home, fun activities, playdates, and getting to witness every moment of our kiddos growing up. 

I have heard from many Stay-at-Home-Moms that they don’t regret this decision for a moment, that there are some very tough moments, and to not have too big of expectations from yourself.  I appreciate every bit of advice that I have gotten and am on the lookout for more!  Scott has been MORE than supportive and that goes further than I can say…I know that I am beyond blessed to be able to experience this and I am ever so grateful for his hard work and ability to make this a reality for our family – THANK YOU, Babe!

I have however, already been psychotically planning activities, play-dates, museum trips, etc. for February and March and almost have the calendar booked.  Serious OCD issues here.  I think we will stay pretty busy with Jack having school on T/R and then soccer on Fridays.  I am very much looking forward to having some alone time on those days with Emmy – I truly have not had very much of that and I think she really wants/needs it! 

So…expect more posts about our activities, our smiles, our triumphs, and probably a bit of me venting, too.  Smile

And…I am SOOO far behind with Christmas, NYE, and baby posts.  Plan to work on that this weekend on our new iPad and my new DSLR (LOVE) – so excited for a new hobby!

We are having a rough week here at the Walti house – Emma and I are both crazy sick – I am going on day 7 of a terrible head cold and I took her to the doc last night for what I thought was an ear infection, but ended up being a bad cold like me and getting 3 eye teeth in…Many sleepless nights (I was watching “Max & Ruby” at 1am last night to calm her down), snuggles, and kids in our bed.  But, we are supposed to get 6”+ of snow today, so that will make for a fun weekend ahead!

**Can’t believe that Baby #3 is 22 weeks along today – I seriously forget that I am pregnant about 90% of the time… the size of a Spaghetti Squash today and kicking up a storm to let me know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs