Thursday, January 26, 2012
The End (or The Beginning)
Today is my last day at work! As excited as I truly am, there are some things that I will miss (not counting my awesome boss and the great ppl I work with):
1. Alone time! I really enjoy my 5 minute walk to the train, even in brisk weather. A good start to the day to be outside for a few minutes, especially with a hot coffee. And an 18 minute round trip car-free commute was awesome!
2). The luxury of being able to schedule my own doc appts and such during the day - cant do that with 3 kids in tow!
3). Daily Starbucks. My Keurig with Wild Blueberry coffee is a close second though....and paired with being in jammies and with Anne Curry, it's an easy trade.
4). Adult time! Looking forward to finding a Moms Group once we get into the swing of things!
5). Dressing up - I'm a little scared that my fashion sense and style will go to the wayside other than lululemon and Puma.
6). Recognition. I'll admit, I like the kudos for a job well done and the feeling if doing a great job with that feeling of accomplishment. I have a suspicion that Emma will not be shouting "Mom, way to go scrubbing that toilet, it's beautiful!" anytime soon.
7). The excitement that the kids show as I walk in the door at 5:30...Scott always says that he has to "gear himself up" for this energy right when we walk in the door, but it is the best part of our day. I'm a bit sad of how my relationship with the kiddos will change; I am now the rule-keeper, schedule-maker, enforcer - not the mm who they get a little break from and is mostly fun at night.
Overall, I am overjoyed and so grateful for the opportunity to be with my cuties every day and to witness their daily fun (and battles). Look forward to done funny stories ahead (and probably a little venting from me).
Let the ADVENTURE begin!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1. Alone time! I really enjoy my 5 minute walk to the train, even in brisk weather. A good start to the day to be outside for a few minutes, especially with a hot coffee. And an 18 minute round trip car-free commute was awesome!
2). The luxury of being able to schedule my own doc appts and such during the day - cant do that with 3 kids in tow!
3). Daily Starbucks. My Keurig with Wild Blueberry coffee is a close second though....and paired with being in jammies and with Anne Curry, it's an easy trade.
4). Adult time! Looking forward to finding a Moms Group once we get into the swing of things!
5). Dressing up - I'm a little scared that my fashion sense and style will go to the wayside other than lululemon and Puma.
6). Recognition. I'll admit, I like the kudos for a job well done and the feeling if doing a great job with that feeling of accomplishment. I have a suspicion that Emma will not be shouting "Mom, way to go scrubbing that toilet, it's beautiful!" anytime soon.
7). The excitement that the kids show as I walk in the door at 5:30...Scott always says that he has to "gear himself up" for this energy right when we walk in the door, but it is the best part of our day. I'm a bit sad of how my relationship with the kiddos will change; I am now the rule-keeper, schedule-maker, enforcer - not the mm who they get a little break from and is mostly fun at night.
Overall, I am overjoyed and so grateful for the opportunity to be with my cuties every day and to witness their daily fun (and battles). Look forward to done funny stories ahead (and probably a little venting from me).
Let the ADVENTURE begin!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment