This is how I just found them:

So cute.
I am on the couch. :-)
Speaking of my big guy, Jack had his 4 year old check-up today. He is 43" tall (95%) and 40.5 lbs (75-90%); a strong boy! All good - had to get 2 shots which he kind of freaked out about, but recovered well. A funny moment at the appt - Dr Papacek asked him if he always goes to the bathroom in the toilet, how it was going, etc. and Jack replied with "yeah, it all comes out okay, but sometimes I have to make this face (picture squished up poop face) to get my poop out." I could not hold in the laughter!
He is in a pretty physical/rambunctious stage right now - always has been a very active kid, but now he is constantly jumping on Scott, wants to get on his shoulders, wrestling, etc. He asked me tonight "Mom, why has the baby taken all of your might?". Meaning..."why can't you be rough with me anymore?". A fun stage, but tiring for Scott right when he gets home, I am sure!
Jack is very interested in learning how to read, so we are definitely working on that and he is doing great! Likes going to preschool and I am anxious to get him into a more curriculum based program next year. Loves his sports, still into firemen, and newly into pirates and some superheroes. Jack needs a new bigger bike here soon, and he says his goal is to ride without training wheels by the end of summer; we'll see how that goes!! We are working on his "focus" lately - finishing one task and not getting distracted until it is done (getting dressed, brushing teeth, eating dinner). He tends to jump to the next thing and it takes awhile to get him back... Especially getting out the door - argh! Also reinforcing using a nice tone of voice and nice facial expressions - Emma obviously picks up on every thing that he says/does and copies it to a T.
Looking forward to a fun week of spring break - we have our niece Lily on Wednesday for a fun day and a sleepover, time spent up north, and date night on Friday (thanks to my stepmom and sister - Thank You!!)!
No comments:
Post a Comment