Friday, May 15, 2009

Update...

Mother's Day 2009

Just a little update; I really haven't had much to post, but we are moving right along!

My job search - I have really enjoyed the last 3 weeks off and have gotten a lot done around the house! It is spic and span and Scott has really enjoyed the fancy home-cooked meals every night; he actually commented that my not working has de-stressed him! I have had some very good networking meetings and have been so excited with the help that I received from my great clients - they are all helping me stay connected in the A&E industry and I feel so grateful. I am also exploring doing some business development/marketing consulting work for a couple of firms which would be great for a flexible schedule. I received a phone call yesterday from a wonderful architecture firm about a bd/marketing opportunity, so we will see where that goes as well - cross your fingers!

The decision that I am really struggling with is the fact that we are probably going to pull Jack out of his school at the end of May if nothing is on my immediate job radar...it is very expensive and I also would like for him to be home with me if I will be here. But, he REALLY enjoys it and is starting to really connect with some of the other kids (his BFF Sebastian) and teachers (I think his fave teacher, Miss Zenita might quit if he leaves!) and is doing really well. He is almost ready to move up to the Toddler Class and he has just learned so much; that is really the only thing that I am sad about during this entire ordeal! We will see what we decide, but it looks like it might be Momma School for the next month! I am going to really try to stick to their format/schedule in order to keep him on track. I made a trip to Joann Fabrics the other day to bulk up on art supplies and am getting our deck ready for some outdoor activites with the water/sand table, craft projects, and picnics.

My Mother's Day was fabulous - Scott made me a great breakfast and Jack was great all day. I received a year's worth of manis/pedis, too - what a great way to relax! We spent the day with Scott's Mom and had a great time being outside. Scott's mom is a child development specialist, so I always learn a ton after being with her about where Jack should be and different ideas of things to do with him - I have an entire curriculum for our summer school if we are home together!


Chef Scott


Chef Scott made me yummy Bananas Foster French Toast


Jack's gift to Gma Walti - he made a stone for her garden

This weekend we are home and next weekend we are off to Indy for the 500 and my little sister Kensi's 10th birthday! Looking forward to fun times with family and Jack always loves to go on the boat at my dad's lake and I'm sure he will try to jump in.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs