Saturday, June 19, 2010
Happy Daddy's Day!
My husband is the best Daddy! (Jack even said so last night "Dad, you are the best Dad.") What I love most about how he approaches fatherhood is that he is constantly thinking about how what we say, do, teach our kids will affect them. He is incredibly patient and is a great teacher. Scott is very loving and never forgets to tell Jack and Emma how much he loves them. I knew that I loved this man when I married him, but having a child with your partner just makes that love so much more profound. Nothing makes me more proud than seeing him with our kids and watching how much they adore him. My favorite part of the day (his also) is when he walks in the door and Jack SPRINTS into his arms with a huge smile. And Scott ALWAYS smiles and greets him back with tons of energy no matter how long his day was or what he has on his mind. I love that. Jack told him this week "Daddy, I love it when you come home." We all do, honey!
I also feel so lucky to have had such a FUN and giving father who loves my two kids SO MUCH! I knew that Jack was obsessed with his Pappaw when we started noticing a few months ago, that everytime he sees him, he starts laughing HYSTERICALLY when he walked up! Jack loves to ride Pappaw's boat, fish, wrestle, Reggae dance, among other things. Pappaw basically lets him do anything he wants, so it is a special treat to go to his house!
So...Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful fathers out there - I am glad to have so many great ones in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SWEET post! I agree - you have some amazing dads in your life :)
ReplyDelete