Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring has SPRUNG!

FINALLY it has warmed up in the Midwest!  The kids have been TUCKERED OUT every night this week with all the outdoor play time they have gotten – it has been great!

IMG_1713

Katie has been taking them out every morning this week for long park trips – Jack rides his bike, so he is getting great exercise and Emma is really liking walking around and exploring the parks!  We are so lucky to live walking distance to 3-4 wonderful playground parks, all with different features and fun things to do.  I know that Katie is super-excited about spring/summer – trips to the beach, picnics, water play, art activities on the deck…

IMG00599-20110317-1554

I came home early and surprised my little leprechauns with a walk to Oz Park and a trip to DQ!  An embarrassing (but great) thing happened while we were there – we ordered our cones (with Jack stepping right up and saying “May I have a vanilla cone with sprinkles, please?”  { so proud} ), and then I realized that I had forgotten my credit card in my work bag!  A very nice gentlemen stood up from a nearby seat and said “I’ve got it…no problem.”  It was a great lesson in kindness for Jack and I was so glad that he was able to see the genuineness of being a helpful and nice person.

IMG00604-20110317-1626 

Looking forward to a nice weekend of outdoor play, soccer (Jack moves up to the next level this week and has a new coach – should be interesting!), cooking (making homemade granola bars, homemade ravioli, and roasting a chicken!) and getting some spring cleaning checked off my list!

** And…..Tax Season is almost over!!!!  WOO HOO!!!  Daddy’s back! **

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs