Tuesday, April 12, 2011

EGW bday week – day #2

A little Emma Gracie development update…

**Emma is now signing “More,” “Please” (and sometimes a 2 sign sentence - “more, please!”), “All Done” (her favorite), “Hot,” and “Bye Bye”

**Words – Dada, Momma, Pop, All Done (a da, a da), Sit Down (di don, di don), Bu (for Jack – brother), Hot (ha), and Puppy (pupu)

6cb161c25b164564b9ab1d65df8f4b83_7

THE GIRL IS A CRAZY CLIMBER!  I seriously am sore from this past weekend as she was ALL OVER THE PLACE!  she doesn’t slow down and is so adventurous – she climbs UP the slide at the park all by herself!  she is trying to run around the house and often gets tripped up when her little body cannot go fast enough, it is pretty cute.  Overall, Em is very tough and very physical – I seriously don’t know what I will do if I ever have a baby that just sits there like a drone; I am so used to my uber-active kiddos!

**Sleeping – AWESOME!  6:45-6:30 most mornings (rarely getting up in the night at all) with 2 1 / 1.5 hour naps during the day.  My favorite time with Em is that she plays in the bathroom (I know it isn’t the most sanitary place) while I / Scott & I get ready in the morning and is just so peaceful and fun. 

photo-3 I believe that Emmy has inherited her Daddy’s long legs – WOW!

**Goodbye Bottle – we are trying to fully take away the bottle/formula this week, but she really doesn’t like milk.  Emma takes the sippy cup fine (is actually obsessed with it), but when I put milk in, she gives a nasty face and spits it out.  I may also try almond milk to steer clear of the nasty hormones!  (For the Record, Scott and I are the ones having a hard time giving up the bottle with her – it makes me SO SAD to think of her not having one!)

photo-2

Post Spaghetti…

**Eating – THE GIRL LOVES TO EAT!  Feeding herself about 80% of the time and likes everything except bananas!  What baby throws over bananas?!  Favorites right now are any type of pasta/sauce, and cheese (she obviously is my child…)

**Play – Emmy is a great “player.”  She can entertain herself very well for long periods of time – you just have to watch her climbing!  She really loves her baby dolls, Little People, and her favorite thing to do is to take lids ON and OFF of anything!  She and Jack love to chase each other around and she giggles anytime he runs after her.  She also loves to be outdoors just walking around (AKA climbing) and riding in her wagon!  Emma is also getting very interested in reading and her favorite is “That’s Not My Dolly” – she likes to carry it around with Baby throughout the house.  Oh, and she LOVES TV…I guess that is what happens w/ the second child, but she may be slightly addicted to Cat In The Hat…OOPS.

 

We are going to Daddy’s basketball game tonight as a special treat – should be fun to watch her flirt with everyone!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs