Tuesday, April 26, 2011

emmy’s bday recap

Our little gal had a great week / weekend of celebrating her big #1 bday!

IMG_1649

Her little party was super casual and EASY on mom – at a local park with cupcakes and munchies surrounded by our dear Chicago friends and Gma / Pop.  We lucked out with the nicest day of the past 2 weeks and temps in the upper 50s to PLAY, PLAY, PLAY.  Miss E was very spoiled with attention and gifts – a baby stroller, a new American Girl doll, lots of books and puzzles, girly clothes, a big stuffed owl, and the cutest owl blanket I have ever seen!

Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate her big day and for Emily for taking some great photos!

IMG_8678

IMG_1659  IMG_8679

 5f294d45356b4c638f0827a49704e931_7

IMG_8670

IMG_8692

IMG_8699

IMG_8697

IMG_1707

IMG_1722

IMG_8706

We also had a little celebration at home on her actual bday where she had her first bite of sweet cake – it took her a while to figure out what to do, but once she got the hang of it, she was super excited!

IMG_1853 IMG_1858  IMG_1841

We just had her 1 year check up and here are her stats:

Weight:  20lb 6oz (25-50%)

Height:  30.5” (90%)

So…she is a tall skinny string bean!  Emma is such a little peanut – she actually had her last bottle 2 days ago (Mommy is VERY sad about this) and is doing better w/ milk.  Her doctor said that we could do 2%, but with her skinny little bod, I am bulking her up with whole.  She is so active and this summer, I’m sure she will be running everywhere, so I think she could use the extra fat.  Emma does eat EVERYTHING in sight , so I will try to incorporate more healthy fats into her diet as well.  Everything else was great – we held off on the MMR like we did with Jack and probably will until 2 years – I just don’t see the necessity in it at this point.

Oh, and she is finally signing “Help” now – which makes life even easier!

Looking forward to a great growing and learning year for Miss E!

1 comment:

  1. Aww...she looks adorable in her little birthday outfit!! I'm so happy it fits her! With her height & weight, she's definitely model material, not to mention her beautiful little face. Love her facial expressions, too! Ok, so I love everything about her!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs