Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Sleepy Boy
Update on our "sleeping trial" - after 4 days (naps) & nights of crying it out, here is how it went down:
Day 1 - Cried for 45 minutes (went in at 3, 5 and 10 minutes)
Day 2 - Cried for 20 minutes (went in at 10 minute intervals)
Day 3 - Whimpered for 10 minutes, fell asleep at opposite end of crib
Day 4- We put him in wide awake after reading 2 books & rocking for 5 minutes - he rolled over and fell asleep!!!
Naps have been better at school and have been great at home. This method REALLY DOES WORK to anyone that is having the same issue! Jack is still sleeping a full 11-12 hours at night and seems a lot happier at night from sleeping better during the day.
SUCCESS!!! Now I just need to write in his baby book to make sure I start this BEFORE 11 months with my next child!!!
Day 1 - Cried for 45 minutes (went in at 3, 5 and 10 minutes)
Day 2 - Cried for 20 minutes (went in at 10 minute intervals)
Day 3 - Whimpered for 10 minutes, fell asleep at opposite end of crib
Day 4- We put him in wide awake after reading 2 books & rocking for 5 minutes - he rolled over and fell asleep!!!
Naps have been better at school and have been great at home. This method REALLY DOES WORK to anyone that is having the same issue! Jack is still sleeping a full 11-12 hours at night and seems a lot happier at night from sleeping better during the day.
SUCCESS!!! Now I just need to write in his baby book to make sure I start this BEFORE 11 months with my next child!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok. I may have to break down and do this. Not looking forward to it though!
ReplyDeleteGlad your little guy is sleeping better!