Thursday, March 12, 2009

I knew that I was a NERD at heart!


Okay, so I got inspired this week. I was watching my usual Tivo'd daytime shows after Jack went to bed on Monday - this includes Oprah, Rachael Ray and Ellen. Well...several of them had a common theme...FAST AND HEALTHY COOKING! (Key verb being FAST).

They especially hit upon something that most of us have...A CROCK POT. So...I am determined to pull the thing out that we received from our wedding and give it a try. I have only used it once to make chili. I am pretty excited about this adventure, and that is sad! But, I did some research tonight and found some good recipes - just need to try it out and give it a whirl - if this works, I may never use my beautiful stainless pans again! :-)

I will keep everyone posted! And...If anyone has any good recipes or tips out there - PLEASE SHARE THEM!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have a recipe book: Fix it and forget it, 5 ingredient favorites for slow cookers its by Phyllis Pellman Good I use it alot to get ideas. You should see if you can find the book. I always end up putting in more than 5 ingredients... Good Luck!
    Keira

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs