Friday, March 6, 2009
I Took the Plunge
Last Sunday, a few of my co-workers and I participated in the Polar Plunge to benefit The Special Olympics. For those of you that are not familiar with this event, we basically dress up in costume (I did not particpate in this part) and jump into chilly Lake Michigan! I have done the event before, but this year was unbelievable...way below freezing outside with blinding snow and we plunged into slushy lake water! There were 6 paramedics standing in the water as we jumped in just waiting for someone to save...that was very comforting. :)

It was for a great cause and I was proud to be associated with it again this year. Thanks again to everyone who donated and supported me - I ended up raising almost $700! This will give several kids the chance to participate in sports that they may not have otherwise been exposed to - YAY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment