Monday, December 5, 2011

Baby Walti Update! Week 16!

I have been really bad about taking belly shots this go-around…Poor BW3 is already slacking in the attention department!

Last Thursday was Week 16 of this pregnancy and I have SO MUCH MORE ENERGY!  Yay!  2nd trimester rocks!

Babycenter.com is telling me that the baby is now the size of an avocado – about 4 1/2 inches long.  I am definitely feeling more and more movement – primarily after my morning coffee (keeping it to one cup this time, and sometimes 1/2 caff – who AM I?) and when I finally lay down at night.  Katie took a picture before I left for my work holiday party on Friday…my favorite part of this photo is Emmy – she is such a cheese lately!  She is such a tiny little peanut…

IMG_2607

The work party was pretty funny – I just told work 2 weeks ago and pretty much just told my boss, hoping that everyone else would just “notice” and everyone sure noticed at the party!  The bump is definitely prevalent and full-panel maternity pants/jeans are my go-to.  Scott pulled the rest of my maternity clothes out of storage this weekend…ahhh…the tents are back!  Smile

Overall, I feel really good (I seriously love being pregnant) and am just so glad to have some nightly energy back!  It was brutal there for the past few months…Now I truly forget that I am pregs a lot of the time and I realized today that I need to make sure I am getting enough hydration, healthy foods, and rest…I forget to eat and that is obviously not good!

BW3 Quick Facts:

Pregnancy Week:  16

Pounds Gained:  4 (I lost 5 lbs the first trimester – no appetite)

Food Cravings:  hash browns, bologna sandwiches (I know, but so true), apples & peanut butter, steamed spinach, and pasta

Side Effects:  a little tiredness, “mom” brain, appetite picking up, my hair is out of control and in need of a major trim!

Sleep?:  falling asleep great, but waking up to pee a lot (did NOT do this with the other two – Emma just have moved my bladder!), and then cannot fall back asleep easily.  I am a stomach sleeper and am past that point, so finding a comfy spot is harder and harder…

Funny Jack Questions:  “Did God make the baby?”, “Is the baby under your skin,” “Can it be a boy and a girl?”  (Ummm…let’s hope not!)

We have our ultrasound on the 19th (NO, we are NOT finding out the sex again!), so I will update again after that appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs