Daddy's helmet & Gma's lipstick = killer combination
Sunday, May 16, 2010
EGW - 1 Month Old!
It seems unbelievable that our little girl is already 1 month old!
Scott and I keep commenting on how relaxed we are with Emma compared with when Jack was this age. I took Emma to Trader Joe's at 1 week, where we kept Jack inside for at least a month (granted, it was literally 40 below when he was a newborn!), we let her cry a little more, etc. It is also very different to also have an active 2 year old to tend to, so Em gets to learn patience a little bit sooner!
We had her 1 month appointment today and she is GROWING LIKE A WEED! Current stats are 10lb 8oz (90th percentile) and 23.5" long (still off the growth chart). Emma is eating about every 2-3 hours now and taking about 3.5-4 oz at a time. Sleeping good 3-4 hour spurts at night (my kids are sleepers - Jack still sleeps a full 11 hours at night and takes a 3-4 hour nap!), is much more alert during the day, and is doing very well at tummy-time holding up that head! She is occasionally showing us little glimpses of her pretty smile, even though she is going through a little bout of baby acne - I keep reassuring her that it will go away and she will struggle with this again at 15, but then she can use Oxy10. :-)
Emmy continues to be a very content babe, sleeps and is happy during the day, except for her "witching hour" at about 6:30pm-8pm most nights (great timing considering that is when we are eating dinner, getting J a bath, calming down, etc...). Scott has been home a lot more lately now that tax season is over, so his extra set of hands really come into play during that fussy time! We are starting to get somewhat of a daily schedule down - she is usually up at 7-7:30, eats, goes back to sleep around 9, up around 11, down again around 2 until 5 or so, then back down at 9pm for her long sleep until 1:30 or so...Not bad! See loves to sleep on her side and grunts like a little warthog...I need to video her grunting for future blackmail. :-)
Jack is keeping us on our toes and is still saying the funniest things. We had an "incident" this week where we ran right into our busy street - as 2 cars were coming - and we have had several discussions since about staying on the sidewalk and how Mommy will be "very very sad" if he got hit by a car...I think he gets the drift. He literally brings it up everyday since. Today he told me "Mommy, I will take the shot for Emma" after I told him that she would have to get a shot at the doctor - so sweet! He loves his baby sister so much - already protecting her. He has been such a big helper to me and is entertaining himself so well when I need to nurse Em or am busy; I am so proud of my big boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment