It has happened.
The “WHY” stage.
“Why does Daddy have to go to work, Mom?” - “Why do I need to eat my cauliflower?” - “Why are we in a hurry?” - “Why can’t I pee on the floor?”
Jack is a gabber. The child has always been very verbal (he must get this from his chatty mother :-) ), but it has turned into a full-blown talk show every day. Poor Katie – she bears the brunt of it, and is great at answering all of his questions. For example – the boys just got home from a 12 hour trip to Pennsylvania. Most kids want to watch the DVD player, whine about the length, get antsy. What did Jack do? TALKED. To his Grandma Walti. For 10 HOURS STRAIGHT. She said that is was hilarious, but exhausting! :-) God bless her.
I love my little inquisitor and that he is so curious about life. His favorite book series is Curious George and it totally fits! I am attempting to get video of him chattering, but whenever I do, all he wants to do is hold the Flip…
I also want to give a special shout-out to our nanny Katie who is doing a WONDERFUL job of managing 2 very active toddler boys and an infant! Her energy and spunk amaze me every day and she truly works so hard to make every day so special for our kids – field trips to Millennium Park, special crafts, daily walks and lessons, swimming – just ask her, she can DO IT!
I think she is enjoying having a little girl to ‘nuggle’ with, too – she has become seriously obsessed with the Bjorn and I’m sure it makes her days so much easier w/ the availability of two hands!
THANK YOU KATIE-GIRL, WE LOVE YOU!!!!
I second the THANK YOU KATIE GIRL!! You are the best!! You only have a few more months to prepare yourself for #4! :-)
ReplyDelete