Friday, July 9, 2010

Working Mom Guilt

My first week back to work is in the books! We have started to get our morning routine down and the kids did great!  It is ALL ABOUT BEING ORGANIZED!!!  Jack actually did not throw one fit about waking up at 7:00 (he is used to 8:30am for the past 3 months) and has been great with showing Emmy the ropes.  I think he is actually excited to be back on a schedule with Katie and loves having his little sis by his side.  We are going to split the days between the Korbmacher’s and our home, so our kids will actually just be at our house for 2-3 of the days each week for the rest of the summer until we figure it all out, which will be GREAT! 

Emma is doing super!  She has really taken to Katie and is taking the bottle well – I am REALLY hoping that I can pump enough to not need to supplement, but we’ll see how my body responds to the change.  She loves to nurse, so I feel guilty about not being there, but I guess she’s got to learn about disappointment sometime, right?  :-)  I think all Mommies (working, SAHM, or WAHM) experience some kind of guilt – are we there enough, do they “need us”, are we doing the right things, teaching the right things, feeding the right things, etc…I try to remember that I personally feel that I am able to give more to them when we are together BECAUSE I am also satisfied professionally.  It works for our family and I know they are in great hands and are happy during the day, which makes it SO MUCH EASIER.

Scott and Jack are leaving tonight for our family’s PA lakehouse for all of next week – AHHH!  What will we do without our boys?  Shopping, manicures, “Bethenny’s Getting Married” episodes… Ha!  I will miss them, but glad that they get to do this father/son adventure!

I will leave you with a pretty pic of our smiley gal!  Love her!

DSC_0386

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs