I am really trying hard not to compare my kids…but it has already started. I find myself telling Scott “Oh, that is just want Jack did” or “Jack didn’t do this at this age…” They are their own individual persons and each special in different ways – I do not want them to grow up comparing themselves to each other or even thinking that they should be concerned with what others are doing and that it is an appropriate behavior…But it is HARD not to benchmark your 2nd kid after the 1st!
SO…on that note, we have this photo of Jack at 3 1/2 months hanging in our hallway and it is one of my favorites of him at this stage:
And I just so happened to take the following photo of Emma last week (she is 3 months):
See! It is SO HARD not to compare the two, but they are SO alike! I think Em is more “feminine” looking, but they are no doubt BROTHER and SISTER! Poor girl…looks like Jack won the prize of long eyelashes – not fair to be wasted on a boy! :-)
Just an interesting observation…
Have a great weekend – I am SO EXCITED to have my boys home tomorrow night! Yippee!!!
Those are darling pictures! Why are the long eyelashes always wasted on the boys?! Whit has gorgeous long lashes and I hope Abby gets them... :)
ReplyDelete