my baby girl is only 2 months away from 1 year…WHAT?!
Little Miss must have found her appetite during the past 3 months, as she has totally CHUNKED up!
We had her 9 month appointment this week (1 month late, per vaccine schedule), and here is how she fared:
Length: 28 3/4” – 95% (not a shocker, and very in line with bro and sis)
Weight: 19lb 9oz – 50-75% (this is where she chunked up – she was 10% at her 6 month!)
Sophia still lights up our world with her laid-back and happy demeanor and beautiful smile. Here is a bit about her this month!
Food: eating more and more table food and feeding herself, and is becoming less interested in being fed baby food. Favorites now include: scrambled eggs, peanut butter toast (yes, I tried it a couple weeks ago and she is fine – yay!), avocado, strawberries, bananas, peas, greek yogurt, and mandarin oranges. She is also drinking about 4 bottles a day at around 18-24oz total a day. Goal this next month is to start a sippy cup – maybe i will try the straw kind?
Sleep: Soph is a sleeping ROCKSTAR. The girl is rarely up past 6:30pm and sleeps almost always through to 7-7:30am. If she wakes up, it is around 11pm and is normally just for a cuddle. On most occasions, either Scott or I go into her room when we go to bed and get her out just to rock and snuggle with her. She LOVE, LOVE, LOVES to just bury her head in our neck and wraps her precious arms around us and fall back asleep. It is my FAVORITE and I have found myself falling asleep with her like this quite often lately, just soaking up the baby smell. (she does still smell like a baby, too – that is the awesome thing about having a bald baby :-) ). She naps well, still 2x a day – once around 9:30am for an hour or so if we are home, and then with Emma between 1-2pm for a couple of hours. Cute anecdote: When we put her down (with paci and her giraffe blanket), she always rolls over to her side, and peers out to watch us leave the room, then lays back down and goes to sleep. Rarely cries, just lays down. We also don’t really know when she actually wakes up, as she rarely cries, just is smiling and playing when we choose to come in to get her. Jack did the same thing…
Movement: As I have said before, Soph follows many of the same patterns as her brother and sister, but in this category, she is taking her sweet time. Both Emma and Jack were walking by 10months, but this little sweet pea doesn’t even want to get up on her knees to crawl! She has started to army crawl around the room, but when you start to get her up on her knees, she wants no part of it! Soph also likes to stand, but Daddy is insistent that she crawl first. I have also started to notice her pulling up on her knees, kind of squatting. I’m sure the next couple of months will be big moving months for her, and quite honestly, I am enjoying the picking her up, holding her, etc.
Talking: Soph starting saying “Mama!” this month! Add that to “Dada” and “Baba” (don’t know if this is in reference to Jack because I call him Bubba to her or not), and then tons of gabber – “Yayayayayaya” is another favorite. She gabbers all the time, especially to her brother and sister.
She also got TWO TEETH this month – on the bottom – but I cannot for the life of me capture them on film! They didn’t bother her in the least other than a little extra drool.
Play: Favorite toys include her wooden stacking rings, Leapfrog picnic basket, measuring cups, paper, Leapfrog music table, and her barn activity center. Sophia is seriously happy playing on the floor with anything as long as I am in the room or if she doesn’t see me. But the minute that I enter the room, she reaches up for me and whimpers until I pick her up. MOMMA’s GIRL and I don’t mind a bit! She LOVES to be entertained by Jack and Emma and could watch them all day – they love to make her laugh by playing peek-a-boo, rocking her, jumping for her, and constantly giving her toys.
Personality: Like i said, Sophia is VERY chill. Poor thing is in her carseat SO much with being run around with the other two, I guess she doesn’t have a choice! She seems to be happy as long as she is with her Momma. :-) Not much upsets her except for when you take her food away, or when Jack/Emma are too in her face – she will literally swat them away! She doesn’t mind getting her face wiped, diaper changed, or getting changed. She seriously amazes me everyday with her happy nature – I just want to squeeze her and make her laugh.
Sophia is definetly a full-blooded Momma’s Girl…which I obviously love and will continue to encourage. :-) She does get REALLY excited with Daddy gets home, flapping her arms, smiling, etc., and loves to reach out for him, get a hug, and then right back to reaching for me. It’s so funny – she doesn’t mind going to someone else for a quick minute, but then she will turn back around, look for me, and when I get her back, she looks back at who had her and gives a big smile like “Ha! I got what I wanted!”
We are continuing to just love our cutie little babe – she makes me smile and melts my heart every day – she is just SO SWEET!
{and this is a typical moment several times a day…poor girl gets wrestled by Emma and wants NONE of it – HELP ME!}
No comments:
Post a Comment