Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Birthday Week: Days 3 & 4

Too exhausted to post last night, sorry Gma. I was trying out a cupcake recipe for the party - just a box cake mix and 7Up for the liquid ingredients and they are only 80 calories each! I know that I should probably do "real" cupcakes for his cupcake cake, but I thought that I would at least try it out. They turned out okay, but I think that I will suck it up and do the real things for the party.

News Flash!
Jack is saying "Ma!" He was saying it at 8 months, but I think it was really just a whining/comfort mechanism, but now he is saying it for real. One of his teachers at school has been working on it with him for weeks and it finally paid off!

On Wednesday (Jack's Due Date - Feb 4th...I was HUGE a year ago today!) Jack got to sample some of the frosting and 1/2 of a cupcake (so I really only had 40 calories?), so that turned into his birthday week treat. And he stayed up until 8:00...after an hour nap at 5pm...this is what happens when a certain little boy only takes 1 45 minute nap all day. Not a happy camper. Then...he ended up falling asleep with me in our bed (okay, so I picked him up out of his crib at 10pm and brought him in...so SUE me). As most of you know, it is tax season and being that Scott is World's Best CPA, it pretty much sucks for Jack and I right now - this has been a long week for us all with Daddy getting home around 11 every night.

Hurry up, Cupcakes!

**Jack also did something funny last night: picked up his coat, walked over to the door with it and waved bye-bye! It is so fun to see him associate things. I am keeping of a list of his "vocabulary;" I think it will be funny to look back on when he is 20.

Today, we woke up to some great news - it is supposed to be 50 degrees on Saturday! Yay! I cannot wait to get Jack outside for a walk to the park; we all need some fresh air. Which reminds me that I need to get him a spring coat...Jack's bday treat for today was that we went to Land of Nod and picked up a new blankie for school and played for a while. He has not been napping well and we think that might be the trick; he doesn't have his usual comfort there (or maybe it is the 12 other crying kids and lights??). Jack also had a yummy dinner of ham salad (one of his faves, like his Dad) and his yummy YoBaby - AND Daddy came home early to play! He is getting spoiled!!!

It's fun to be 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs