Scott and I got out on Saturday night for dinner with my brother and his best friend, Adrienne and her husband to Twin Anchors, our favorite little place up the street. Ribs to DIE FOR! We had a great time and Grammy & Gpa Dale got to keep an eye on the little beast.
Sunday was party day - my mom and I spent the morning cooking and making Jack's bday cake - I decided on a "cupcake cake" in the shape of a puppy and I think we did a pretty good job! His smash cake was a bone, and that turned out well. Thanks so much to my Mom & Dale for their help - it really opened us up to spend more time with Jack on his big day. The party was a fun time; our family and my girlfriends came to celebrate. We had a chili bar, which worked out well (easy, highly recommend) and everyone seemed to enjoy. Of course, the one day that I wanted Jack to "be on," he decided to boycott his afternoon nap...right as we were doing the cake, he decided to have a mini-meltdown which started with him getting scared of the candle. He ended up enjoying his cake, but I think he was a little overwhelmed with everyone looking at him and singing. I am trying to upload the video and will post when I figure that out. Jack received some great gifts (thank you so much!) - cute summer clothes, a new Colts jersey, bath toys, balls, books, and so much more! We got him TMX Coookie Monster - he seems to like it okay, but I think he might be a little scared of the gravelly voice? Oh well!
All in all, I think that he had a great time and I appreciate so much everyone's well wishes and for coming to his 1st birthday party! Special thanks to my girlfriends that do not have kids yet, as I know you always get roped into hanging out with "Mis and her little sidekick!"
Here are some pics from the weekend. Enjoy!
P.S.S. Now on to the next celebration - my 30th on Thursday! Do you think that Jack will make me a cupcake cake? :-)
I have never met Jack and I already adore him. His birthday photos brought tears to my eyes...you can tell he is so loved!
ReplyDeleteWhy do the grow so fast?!?
I hope you enjoyed your celebration!
Love,
Kristen