Saturday, February 28, 2009

Momma Fridays

Fridays are my "Jack and Momma" days...I "work from home" on this day, and we had a great day this week. Lots of rough-housing and playing. He is just getting so much cuter and smarter every day...he has perfected his "help" sign and is really strong when he does it - he is actually using it at the correct time. These signs are so helpful when we don't know what he wants/needs - he is not a whiney kid (YET), and I think it is because he has a way to communicate his hunger, thirst, tiredness, distress, etc...I'm very glad that we decided to introduce them and he is using them. We also worked on blowing kisses today and I think he has it down! Melts my heart...I feel so fortunate to have this flexibility with my career right now and try to really take advantage of Fridays as his fun day - we are so looking forward to warmer weather so that we can play on the deck, take walks to the zoo, and just enjoy Chicago in the springtime (Spring and Fall are about the only good times to live here...)!

We pretty much just hung out at home all day and he helped me move furniture (his new activity - he pushes around our chairs and stools and thinks he is SO STRONG). His Auntie Nikki got him some really cool bath toys for his birthday which he LOVES - here is his latest artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs