Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mama's Big Birthday


Yes, I am 30 today! I am the weird person that really looks forward to getting older. I feel that there is less stress, more freedom and security that comes with it. And I really think that I look better as I get older! Okay, that may be a lie, but I can keep telling myself that, right?

I am looking forward to so many things in my thirties including -
  • Starting traditions with my own little family
  • Eventually moving to my dream home with a YARD
  • Realizing what my professional legacy is and being less stressed about work - finding my calling
  • Possibly choosing to stay at home with the kids? (Does that contradict the last one?)
  • Being able to afford GREAT wine and learning more about it
  • Not having outrageous daycare bills!!!
  • Re-taking piano lessons?
  • TRAVEL!!! With and without kids...
  • Watching my girlfriends get married, have babies and raising them together!
  • Still being in love with Scott and laughing as we watch our children become who they are meant to be!

Pretty exciting stuff! My 30th should be a great couple of days (yes, I am stretching it out!) - Scott and I are going to dinner tonight (thanks for babysitting, Kate & D!) to a new place downtown that we have wanted to try and tomorrow night, my Chicago girlfriends are having a party at a fun little bar down the street! Looking forward to a great Dirty Martini! :-)

I also wanted to give a shout out to my buddy Honest Abe Lincoln who turns 200 today! I personally think that it is an oman that the final Chicago 2016 Bid Book comes out today - we are are praying for that business; Then I could retire! THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Can you believe this is the year we are all turning 30? It doesn't feel like that long ago that we where at College Corner and having sleep overs for Birthday Parties. Our main discussion of the night was who was cooler Brandon Sheets or Zac Miller. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mis - love your bulleted list... I felt the same way about turning 30, totally excited for all the milestones this decade has to offer! See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs